This is huge for me, as I need to start working with JSP 2.0 for my own personal satisfaction (less code == more productivity). I know that Resin supports JSP 2.0 as well, but I'm familiar with Tomcat and it's free. The most I've ever done with Resin (to this point) is to install it. To my knowledge, Resin is not free (esp. when I'm running a business site like this one). Anyway, on with the e-mail from the tomcat-user mailing list.
Tomcat 5.0.1 Alpha is now available for testing.
This is actually the first real milestone of Tomcat 5, as Tomcat 5.0.0 did not include any new feature over 4.1.x other than the support for Servlet API 2.4 drafts and JSP 2.0 drafts.
Tomcat 5.0.1 includes:
- improved performance (with additional improvements planned)
- complete montoring capabilities through JMX, with JSR 77 support
- clustering capabilities (not included with that build as a binary)
- JMX configuration capabilities
- with a lot more to come in later milestones