What's the best way to learn Rails and Grails and satisfy one of my New Year's Resolutions (read more) at the same time? Books:
- Getting Started with Grails
- Rails for Java Developers
- Practical JRuby on Rails Web 2.0 Projects: Bringing Ruby on Rails to Java
- Groovy Recipes: Greasing the Wheels of Java
- Programming Groovy: Dynamic Productivity for the Java Developer
- Groovy in Action
Thanks to connections with publishers, I was able to get PDFs of most of these for free. The only ones I paid for were the beta books (Groovy Recipes and Programming Groovy) from the Pragmatic Programmers. I doubt I'll read them all, but I've had fun so far.
I polished off Getting Started with Grails in a few hours. I expect to finish Rails for Java Developers this week. I used to hate reading PDFs, but I've enjoyed reading these books. A 30" monitor might have something to do with it.
After honing my Grails and Rails knowledge, I hope to become a GWT and Flex Ninja. For those GWT and Flex experts out there, what are the best books for those technologies? By "best", I mean the most advanced and up-to-date.