This weekend I'm preparing slides for my talk in NYC on the Display Tag and Struts Menu. I'm also going to do a bit about AppFuse since it includes and uses both libraries. I have an hour to talk, so I think I'll try to present for 50 minutes and leave the last 10 minutes for questions or simply quitting early. That means, realistically, I only have 15-20 minutes for each project. That sure seems like a lot now, but I'm sure it'll fly once I'm up there in front of everyone. I'm definitely nervous about this event - I've only ever done technical talks to team members, never to a large audience. I've done large audience (20-50 attendees) talks, but those where in college and covered growing up in Montana and business plan-type presentations. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over my anxiety about 10 minutes into it.
The purpose of this post is to write down the topics I plan to cover and hopefully get some feedback from the more experienced presenters out there. I'd also like to get feedback from developers - as in what you'd like to see covered if you were attending.
- Introduction. Who am I, etc. (2 minutes)
- Struts Menu. What is it - it's history, etc. (3 minutes)
- Features and Demo of sample app. Questions. (5 minutes)
- Expression Language support and building menus from a database (including code). (10 minutes)
- The Display Tag. What is it - it's history, etc. (3 minutes)
- Features and Demo of sample app. Questions (7 minutes)
- Expression Language support and using to create an editable table (including code). (10 minutes)
- AppFuse. What is it - it's history, etc. (3-5 minutes)
- Features, Libraries included, etc. Questions (5 minutes)