Matt RaibleMatt Raible is a Java Champion and Developer Advocate at Okta. developer.okta.com

The JHipster Mini-Book The JHipster Mini-Book is a guide to getting started with hip technologies today: Angular, Bootstrap, and Spring Boot. All of these frameworks are wrapped up in an easy-to-use project called JHipster.

This book shows you how to build an app with JHipster, and guides you through the plethora of tools, techniques and options you can use. Furthermore, it explains the UI and API building blocks so you understand the underpinnings of your great application.

For book updates, follow @jhipster-book on Twitter.

10+ YEARS


Over 10 years ago, I wrote my first blog post. Since then, I've authored books, had kids, traveled the world, found Trish and blogged about it all.

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 5.0.16 Stable Released

I guess it happened yesterday, beginning upgrade at 3:10 MST... Done at 3:15 - let me know if you see any issues.

Later: There's issues all right. First thing is that the flag to allow symlinks used to be adding the following in your <Context> tag:

<Resources
  className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
  allowLinking="true" caseSensitive="true" />

And with 5.0.16, this doesn't work. Adding allowLinking="true" on your <Context> does allow symlinks, and should have been this way the whole time IMO. I also got a good ol' OutOfMemory error and I have a sneak suspicion it's not Roller (though Roller does though an exception when I do Weblog → Edit:

ERROR 2003-12-04 15:54:07,948 | HibernateStrategy:query | During QUERY
net.sf.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve property type: weblogEntryId [select p from p in
class org.roller.pojos.RefererData where p.weblogEntryId=? and not title is null and not excerpt is
null order by p.totalHits desc]

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that my referers are not getting cleaned out every night. Anyway, back to my sneaky suspicion of OOM errors. I have two domains hosted on this site - raible.net and raibledesigns.com. The first just redirects to my family blog, but that's not the point. What I'm seeing in Tomcat's logs is that it tries to load all apps for both domains - and it pukes on a few. Time to play around with server.xml and see if I can get raible.net to just load it's own context.

Solution Found: You have to configure 2 different appBase's for each host.

Posted in Java at Dec 04 2003, 03:09:01 PM MST Add a Comment
Comments:

Post a Comment:
  • HTML Syntax: Allowed