This release adds support for iBATIS, JDO (JPOX), Spring JDBC and OJB. For detailed documentation on how to use these frameworks with Spring, see Chapter 7 of Spring Live or the Spring Reference Documentation.
For a detailed comparison of the web frameworks included in Equinox, see Chapter 11 of Spring Live (to be released in mid January 2005). Detailed release notes are below:
- Added CruiseControl files and documentation to extras/cruisecontrol.
- Fixed export issue in userList.jsp for displaytag. Birthday should now export w/o any issues.
- Added deployment descriptor for Geronimo with Jetty.
- Added JUnit and UI tests for JSF and Tapestry.
- Added installations for Velocity and FreeMarker with Spring MVC.
- Added installations for iBATIS, JDO, OBJ and Spring JDBC. Hibernate is the default.
- Dependent packages upgraded:
- Cargo 0.4
- DisplayTag 1.0 RC2
- Hibernate 2.1.6
- Spring 1.1.3
- StrutsTestCase 2.1.3
- Dependent packages added:
- FreeMarker 2.3
- iBATIS 2.0.8
- JPOX 1.1.0-alpha-4
- OJB 1.0.1
- Url Rewrite Filter 1.2
- Velocity 1.4
Download. For more information about installing the various options, see the README.txt file.
Demos are available at the links below:
NOTE: I didn't upgrade to Hibernate 2.1.7 because it doesn't create the HSQLDB database tables when the JVM starts up.