Private Weblogs in Roller
I've used a "quick and dirty" technique for making a private roller weblog for family members only. Maybe Lance can use this to create a private weblog for his mom ;-)
- Create a new roller user: i.e. "mom"
- Create a user for user's to login with (I just created another roller user): i.e. "kids"
- Add a new role (i.e. "family") to the "role" table in your database
- Add two new records to the role table so the "mom" and "kids" roles have the "family" role
- Add the following to web.xml:
<security-constraint> <web-resource-collection> <web-resource-name>My Family</web-resource-name> <description>Restricted to Family Members Only</description> <url-pattern>/page/mom/*</url-pattern> <url-pattern>/rss/mom</url-pattern> <http-method>POST</http-method> <http-method>GET</http-method> </web-resource-collection> <auth-constraint> <role-name>editor</role-name> <role-name>family</role-name> </auth-constraint> </security-constraint>
- Distribute the "kids" username/password to the appropriate parties.
Hope this helps!
now that, this is a comment i added in sep 27, 2004 on your original posting dated aug 25, 2002, how would you get to know about this? how would you ever read this and reply to this?
am i being naive or silly writing this comment?
hope you do respond to this somehow!!
Posted by gary raghavan on September 27, 2004 at 06:09 PM MDT #
Posted by Matt Raible on September 27, 2004 at 06:20 PM MDT #