I've used a "quick and dirty" technique for making a private roller weblog for family members only. Maybe Lance can use this to create a private weblog for his mom ;-)
- Create a new roller user: i.e. "mom"
- Create a user for user's to login with (I just created another roller user): i.e. "kids"
- Add a new role (i.e. "family") to the "role" table in your database
- Add two new records to the role table so the "mom" and "kids" roles have the "family" role
- Add the following to web.xml:
<security-constraint> <web-resource-collection> <web-resource-name>My Family</web-resource-name> <description>Restricted to Family Members Only</description> <url-pattern>/page/mom/*</url-pattern> <url-pattern>/rss/mom</url-pattern> <http-method>POST</http-method> <http-method>GET</http-method> </web-resource-collection> <auth-constraint> <role-name>editor</role-name> <role-name>family</role-name> </auth-constraint> </security-constraint>
- Distribute the "kids" username/password to the appropriate parties.
Hope this helps!