I love Spring break. Who doesn't?! When I was a student, it was a nice break between quarters and led to many adventures with friends in college. As an adult, I love taking a Spring break holiday and spending it with my family. In a recent blog post on the @oktadev blog, I wrote:
I work hard, and I play hard. My family loves to do ski weekends, road trips, and whitewater raft trips. I’m lucky to work at a company like Okta that has an unlimited vacation policy. I’ve heard that most unlimited vacation policies don’t work for people because they tend to work more, and take fewer vacations.
I take full advantage of our unlimited vacation policy and make sure to take a week of vacation during every other six-week plan.
Last week, my family and I spent Spring break 2018 with Trish's parents in Naples, Florida. We saw some incredible cars, enjoyed a day at Magic Kingdom in Disney World, played some golf, took in a couple of sunsets, and relaxed a bunch. I think some pictures describe it best.
Q1 Technical Blog Posts
In case you're here looking for technical blog posts, I'm still writing about Java, Spring Boot, Angular, React, and JHipster quite a bit. However, I'm doing it mostly on the Okta Developer Blog. Here's a list of my blog posts from Q1 2018:
- Protect Your Cryptocurrency Wealth Tracking PWA with Okta
- Use Okta (Instead of Local Storage) to Store Your User’s Data Securely
- Use Ionic for JHipster to Create Mobile Apps with OIDC Authentication
- Secure a Spring Microservices Architecture with Spring Security and OAuth 2.0
- Develop a Microservices Architecture with OAuth 2.0 and JHipster
- Open Source Framework Samples and Quickstarts for Okta's Developer APIs
- Build a React Native Application and Authenticate with OAuth 2.0
- How to Achieve Massive Productivity at Work
JHipster Mini-Book v4.5 Released!
In related writing news, version 4.5 of the JHipster Mini-Book is now available! Please let me know if you find any issues, or would like clarification on any topics.
Version 4.5 of the @java_hipster mini-book is now available! ??— JHipster Book (@jhipster_book) April 6, 2018
This version has a brand new chapter on building microservices and deploying them to @heroku. Learn more on the book’s blog: https://t.co/nTv6nqvzBH
You can ?? it for free from @InfoQ ? https://t.co/YVnIhUFRV5 pic.twitter.com/fbLygNDeWp