The AppFuse Team is pleased to announce the release of AppFuse 2.2.1. This release includes upgrades to all dependencies to bring them up-to-date with their latest releases. Most notable are Hibernate 4, Struts 2.3.7, Apache CXF 2.7.0 and Spring Security 3.1.3. In addition, we've integrated HTML5, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery and replaced Compass with Hibernate Search. Last but not least, we've added full support for Java 7 and integrated many security improvements. For more details on specific changes see the release notes.
What is AppFuse?
AppFuse is a full-stack framework for building web applications on the JVM. It was originally developed to eliminate the ramp-up time when building new web applications. Over the years, it has matured into a very testable and secure system for creating Java-based webapps.
A number of blog posts were written about features that went into this release while it was being developed:
- Improving AppFuse's PageSpeed with Apache
- New Liquibase and wro4j Tutorials from J. García
- AppFuse News: GitHub, Hibernate Search and The Future
- Refreshing AppFuse's UI with Twitter Bootstrap
- Upgrading AppFuse to Spring Security 3.1 and Spring 3.1
- Integrating OAuth with AppFuse and its REST API
Thanks to everyone for their help contributing patches, writing documentation and participating on the mailing lists.