- XML reduced by 8x in projects generated with AppFuse
- CRUD generation support for Wicket, as well as AppFuse Light archetypes (Spring Security, Spring FreeMarker and Stripes)
- Upgraded Tapestry to 5.4
- Integrated Spring IO Platform for dependency management
- Refactored unit tests to use JUnit 4
- Renamed maven-warpath-plugin to warpath-maven-plugin
- Upgraded to jWebUnit 3 for AppFuse Light integration tests
- Updated all AppFuse Light modules to be up-to-date
For more details on specific changes see the release notes.
What is AppFuse?
AppFuse is a full-stack framework for building web applications on the JVM. It was originally developed to eliminate the ramp-up time when building new web applications. Over the years, it has matured into a very testable and secure system for creating Java-based webapps.
If you have questions about AppFuse, please read the FAQ or join the user mailing list. If you find any issues, please report them on the users mailing list. You can also post them to Stack Overflow with the "appfuse" tag.
Thanks to everyone for their help contributing patches, writing documentation and participating on the mailing lists.